By Alan Graner
The following is excerpted from the free eBook, “Why Do I Need Social Media Marketing?” by Chris Tompkins, CEO of Go! Media International, LLC http://servedfreshmedia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Social-Media-Marketing-Ebook.pdf.
Why does your company need to be visible on Facebook and LinkedIn?
These social networking sites are similar to networking events, but with these major differences:
- They allow you to choose the exact target market you want to engage and connect with.
- They require no travel or telephone work.
- They operate 24/7, giving you the flexibility to get involved when you choose.
- They allow you to connect with large masses of people.
- They offer the opportunity to meet/connect with new prospects to help build your business.
- They allow others to benefit from your expertise.
- They allow you to bring the human factor into your relationships with your consumers.
What can Twitter do for you?
There are five key reasons why your business can benefit from using Twitter:
- You can use links within your tweet to guide prospects to your website or online point of sale.
- You can attract new customers by “humanizing” your brand through interaction.
- You can remain in constant contact with your customers for ongoing customer care.
- You can connect with your exact target audience to open up new markets.
- You can achieve instant market research abilities by using Twitter for market research, surveying and getting feedback.
How can blogging help increase business?
Your blog will attract prospects and customers only if your content is relevant and engaging. That said, here are the top five reasons to blog:
- A blog positions you as an expert as you offer your thoughts and professional insight.
- A blog allows you to build honest relationships by offering readers valuable information that can answer questions, solve problems, educate and entertain.
- A blog is an SEO goldmine because of its inbound and outbound links, which search engines love and which help propel you onto page one of search results.
- A blog is excellent for marketing research because you can start conversations, try new ideas, ask opinions, send surveys, and get feedback.
- A blog is a mini-PR machine that enhances your online credibility and trust factor.
All of the above benefits, of course, depend on you posting, blogging and tweeting on a consistent basis.
How has social media marketing helped your company?
Alan Graner is Chief Creative Officer at Daly-Swartz Public Relations, an Orange County, CA marketing communications firm. When you’re ready to integrate social into your PR campaign, email Jeffrey Swartz at email@example.com. Or visit www.dsprel.com.