By Alan Graner
What is lead nurturing?
According to Sarah Goliger http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/33875/7-critical-things-every-lead-nurturing-email-needs-to-communicate?source=Blog_Email_[7%20Critical%20Things%20Ev], lead nurturing “provide[s] your leads with valuable content that targets their and goals in order to guide them through your buying cycle until they are sales-ready.”
The following are some tips to help you accomplish this.
Different types of lead nurturing emails
- Emails that educate are a crucial step in closing a sale because they show your value and gives them information they want to know.
- Emails that connect help you increase the opportunities to impress prospects with your content and solutions.
- Emails that improve your prospects give them information they can use to better themselves.
- Emails that re-engage prospects targets those who have fallen off your radar.
Source: “6 Lead Nurturing Emails Every Business Should Send” by Corey Eridon http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/30725/6-lead-nurturing-emails-every-business-should-send?source=Blog_Email_[6%20Lead%20Nurturing%20Ema].
What nurturing emails should communicate
- You know something about them. This tells prospects they’re not receiving an impersonal mass mailing, and the information they’re receiving is just for them.
- You know their needs or want to know what they are. The more you know what prospects want, the better you can fulfill their needs.
- You are offering them something valuable by sending content that helps them fulfill their wants needs and desires.
- You are trustworthy. Instead of sending spam, you deliver valuable content they can use to solve problems.
Source: “7 Critical Things Every Lead Nurturing Email Needs to Communicate” by Sarah Goliger http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/33875/7-critical-things-every-lead-nurturing-email-needs-to-communicate?source=Blog_Email_[7%20Critical%20Things%20Ev].
Developing a successful lead nurturing campaign
- Do your research. What are your prospects’ problems? What kind of information do they need?
- Develop a content map across the buying process using content to increase engagement.
- Guide prospects from problems to solutions by providing information and insights.
- Measure your results and use that data to refine your program.
Source: “7 Keys to Successful Lead Nurturing” by Jeffrey Ogden http://thecustomercollective.com/jeffreyogden/33811/7-keys-successful-lead-.
- Companies don’t buy; people buy.
- Patiently nurture your prospects. Think customers for life.
- Lead nurturing is a conversation, not a series of disjointed campaigns.
- Engage prospects with relevant content.
- Build a good relationship by maintaining consistency and relevancy.
Source: “Lead Nurturing is about Relationships, not e-mails http://blog.startwithalead.com/weblog/2008/02/lead-nurturin-1.html.
What tactics do you use for successful lead nurturing?
Alan Graner is Chief Creative Officer at Daly-Swartz Public Relations, an Orange County, CA marketing communications firm. For a public relations campaign that makes you stick out from the crowd, email Jeffrey Swartz at email@example.com. Or visit www.dsprel.com.