By Alan Graner
Do you know how to get the most out of LinkedIn? Here are 26 tips that will put you ahead of your competitors.
- Use the right keywords so you can be found in LinkedIn Search
- When you receive a connection request, don’t send the default LinkedIn acceptance. Send a short message instead that might start a conversation.
- Customize your LinkedIn Company Page URL in the “Public Profile” tab.
- Provide regular LinkedIn updates to stay in front of prospects and customers.
- Post questions to start interactions with your prospects and customers.
- Add a photo to your profile to stand out from the lazybones who use the default icon.
- Put links to your LinkedIn profile in your email signature.
- Use LinkedIn Groups to expand your reach and find potential resources and/or prospects.
- Use your profile to market your company/product/services. Fill it out completely to get the maximum benefit.
- Track whether your connections are planning to attend an upcoming event in your area so you can meet face-to-face.
- Create strategic alliances by networking and building relationships within your industry.
- Use a vanity URL to increase your chances of being found and increase connections.
- Emphasize the value you bring to your relationships.
- Use your headline to briefly state what you do, what you offer and what makes you unique.
- Get and give recommendations.
- Download LinkedIn Connected to keep in contact with people in your network.
- Be proactive. Get involved, join groups, make yourself highly visible.
- Post during high traffic times to maximize your content.
- Examine your Company Page stats to determine what topics most interest your readers and whether your content is resonating with your targeted audience(s).
- Use the right keywords and phrases in your heading.
- Take advantage of LinkedIn tools to expand your network and find targeted prospects.
- If you know people who should know each other, introduce them. Suddenly you become a valued resource.
- Find connections through LinkedIn Search.
- Use DirectAds to drive traffic to your website and blog.
- Continually ad new connections.
- Answer every LinkedIn email. It’s polite and it’s professional.
What tips would you add?
About the author
Alan Graner is Chief Creative Officer at Daly-Swartz Public Relations, an Orange County, CA business public relations and marketing content firm. For content that makes you stand out from the crowd, email Jeffrey Swartz at email@example.com. Or visit www.dsprel.com.