By Alan Graner
According to a report by InsideSales.com, the top three B2B marketing challenges are:
- Generating more leads
- Improving lead quality
- Increasing product/service awareness
The most effective methods for generating B2B sales leads (and brand awareness) are:
- Outbound marketing (e.g., telemarketing)
- Event marketing
- Online marketing.
The least effective lead generation strategy is social media.
The most common lead generation methods are:
- Company websites
The Most Effective B2B Lead Generation Methods
Think your current B2B lead generation content is delivering quality leads?
A report from the CMO Council and the NetLine Corporation suggests what you think works is not what actually works. Their findings:
5 most common content types and the percentage of B2B companies that create them:
- Product brochures (84%)
- Slide presentations (79%)
- White papers (78%)
- Videos (76%)
- Corporate brochures (70%)
5 best lead generating content types and the percentage of B2B companies that create them
- White papers (24%)
- Videos (22%)
- Analyst reports (22%)
- Webcasts (22%)
- Slide presentations (15%)
Research Reveals Which B2B Content Types Deliver Best Leads
Want to improve your lead generation results and see real ROI from the time and resources you’ve put into your content marketing efforts?
- Create content that reaches prospects at each stage of the sales funnel.
- Be patient. Too many companies cancel their lead generating programs prematurely because they’re “not working” after several months. Be patient and give your content time to grow and rank higher.
- Create email workflows to nurture leads. Most new leads aren’t ready to buy, so offer additional resources like premium content (white papers, case studies, special reports) over time that targets their wants, needs and desires.
- Set up separate landing pages for each offer. The goal is to establish direct contact. Include special offers. Ask if they’re ready to talk now.
Optimizing the B2B Content Marketing Funnel: Turning Contacts into Clients
What tips would you add?
Alan Graner is Chief Creative Officer at Daly-Swartz Public Relations, an Orange County, CA business public relations and marketing content firm. For content that makes you stand out from the crowd, email Jeffrey Swartz at email@example.com. Or visit www.dsprel.com.