By Alan Graner
Sure, you know your customers want a job well done. They want value for their dollar. And they want good service.
These are givens. It’s what everybody offers.
But if you want to attract and retain customers you must go beyond the basics and offer them what they really, really want.
6 ways to make your customers like you
- Give me warm, friendly responses.
- Make me feel important.
- Listen to me
- Know my name.
- Offer flexibility.
- Solve my problems quickly.
“What Customers Really Want—Six Secrets of Customer Service”
7 ways to establish a good relationship
- Offer me new perspectives and ideas
- Convince me you have a solution that works
- Work collaboratively with me
- Make me confident you can achieve the results I want
- Listen carefully to me
- Help me avoid potential pitfalls
- Establish a personal relationship
“!0 Things Every Customer Wants”
7 things your customers want you to know
- I care more about service quality and attitude than speed
- I know what I want and am willing to help
- I like loyalty programs if you make them easy
- I want you to create goodwill
- I adore personalization and will pay more for it
- I will remember your business if you remember my name
- I love receiving favors as surprises
“10 Studies that Reveal What Customers WANT You to Know About Them”
General surveys provide general results that may or may not relate to your particular products or services. For example, customers want a higher degree of accuracy from a heart surgeon than from a plumber.
Also, customers don’t always know what they want (big surprise!), or they can’t articulate their needs
Still, you can’t go wrong when you treat your customers with respect and a genuine desire to help them.
How do you determine what your customers want?
Alan Graner is Chief Creative Officer at Daly-Swartz Public Relations, an Orange County, CA business marketing content and distribution firm. For content that makes you stick out from the crowd, email Jeffrey Swartz at email@example.com. Or visit www.dsprel.com.