By Alan Graner
The following is excerpted from What exactly is Inbound Marketing?, a free e-guide published by Tomorrow People. The complete document can be downloaded here. http://www.tomorrow-people.com/what-exactly-is-inbound-marketing-lp/ A short registration is required.
Disclaimer: Daly-Swartz Public Relations has no association with Tomorrow People.
The 5 things every business owner needs to know about inbound marketing are:
- It’s relatively simple to put in place.
- It’s proven to help businesses achieve more, in less time, at less cost.
- It focuses on “push” rather than “pull” marketing to tap into existing demand.
- It can form the backbone of revenue management.
- It lets you view and analyze the results of your marketing activity as it’s happening.
Inbound marketing: How it works for lead generation
Inbound marketing combines content marketing, social media and marketing automation to create a complete process and strategy for generating leads. Four crucial components are:
Create content people want based on demand—whitepapers, e-guides, webcasts, mobile apps, public relations, case studies, video, etc.—to build your reputation as a trusted source of information, entice visitors, and attract search engines.
Search engine optimization (SEO)
SEO helps you analyze and identify online demand for your product or service. Once you understand what people are actually looking for, you’ll know which keywords to optimize in your content.
Send your content to online distribution hubs like websites, blogs, forums and industry publications to help drive traffic to your website.
Your website provides content that’s relevant to your audience. Be sure to match content with prospects’ specific stage in the purchasing cycle.
5 essentials for effective inbound marketing
- Creating high-quality content
- Engaging prospects into a two-way relationship
- Transforming leads into customers
- Analyzing, repeating and updating the process
Benefits of inbound marketing
- Improved reach
- Heightened awareness
- Increased number of website visitors
- Better leads
- Increased revenue
How do you use inbound marketing to increase your business?
About the author
Alan Graner is Chief Creative Officer at Daly-Swartz Public Relations, an Orange County, CA business public relations and marketing content firm. For content that makes you stand out from the crowd, email Jeffrey Swartz at firstname.lastname@example.org. Or visit www.dsprel.com.
A previous version of this blog was published July 4, 2012