Guest post by Sophorn Chhay
Many B2B companies have been slow to embrace mobile marketing. Big mistake.
Studies show mobile marketing has a serious impact on B2B companies. It:
- Increases organic search ranks, mobile traffic and bounce rate.
- Increases customer engagement dramatically.
- Attracts B2B decision makers who use mobile devices specifically for business and purchasing purposes.
Here are four ways you can get started in mobile marketing.
1. Create great content
Simply producing content isn’t enough to start generating leads. Every single minute:
- 350 blogs are posted
- 200 million email messages are sent
- 100,000 tweets are posted
You must create great content to stand out enough to generate any leads. Take the time to clearly map out exactly who your target audience is, what they care about, and the problems they’re looking to solve. Create your content with a laser-focus on these wants and needs.
2. Create videos for social media
Videos are the perfect way to quickly boost your social media engagement. On average, mobile users tend to watch videos 50% to 100% more than traditional desktop or laptop users. In fact, almost half of all mobile traffic is video traffic. Keep your videos short and high quality, and you’ll soon notice an uptick in social media performance.
3. Keep copy short and front loaded
Unlike desktops and laptops, mobile devices only have room for a reasonable heading and one or two paragraphs.
This leads to two important takeaways:
- Your copy must be short and sweet. If people need to scroll and scroll to get to the point, they’re going to navigate away.
- Your most important information must be up front. Otherwise, there’s a good chance readers will never even see it.
4. Create a powerful call to action (CTA)
Without a great call to action, the best marketing strategy in the world is useless. Make sure your CTA is short, strong, and actionable. Evidence suggests the most effective CTAs are 150 characters or less. Focus on creating CTAs that are clear and relatable.
From your company’s perspective, no CTA will provide more value than SMS messages. Text message marketing is especially effective because mobile users tend to be quite engaged, and the open rate is over 98%.
What additional tips do you suggest?
Sophorn Chhay is the marketing guy at Trumpia www.trumpia.com, an Inc. 500 company whose automated communications platform offers a complete texting solution. Visit the website for a free demo.