By Alan Graner
Lead generation is the lifeblood that helps companies grow. There are, of course, lots of ways to generate leads. Here are 13 of them.
Produce higher quality leads
- Create content that converts. Good content attracts leads. Great content helps convert them into customers.
- Determine which events close customers. Analyze what offers and events convert the most leads into customers.
- Create calls to action (CTAs) to promote higher closing events. CTAs should appear in your email messages, landing pages, blog posts and web pages.
Source: “3 Simple Steps to Producing Higher Quality Leads” by Alison Savery http://www.famousbloggers.net/quality-leads.html
Generate better B2B leads
- Network more efficiently with Followerwonk. This Twitter networking tool helps you ID other Twitter users with specific interests.
- Use your social media presence to leverage lead-capture forms. Many marketers make the mistake of forgetting to include lead-capture forms.
- Make special offers to unengaged email recipients. If they haven’t responded to your last 5 emails, send a special offer to uncover what they’re looking for but haven’t seen.
- Optimize your website. If old offers aren’t generating leads, replace them with more recent offers that do. Do this every 6 months.
- Check your historical analytics. Use the data to determine where your problems are and where you need to focus your efforts.
Source: “5 Hidden Tricks for Better B2B Lead Generation” by Brian Whalley http://blog.hubspot.com/blog/tabid/6307/bid/28616/5-hidden-tricks-for-better-b2b-lead-generation?source=Blog_Email_%5b5%20Hidden%20Tricks%20for%20%5d
Improve the effectiveness of B2B lead generation
- Know your ideal prospect. This includes companies and industries, job titles, job responsibilities.
- Be where your prospects are. Know where they get their industry news: online, ads, tradeshows, etc.
- Add value. Quality is as important as quantity. Start with a soft sell and build prospects’ trust
- Set up a lead scoring profile to measure whether you’re attracting the right type of prospects.
- Test and measure to determine which tactics produce the best results.
Source: “5 Quick Tips: B2B Lead Generation” http://www.genius.com/marketinggeniusblog/2851/5-quick-tips-b2b-lead-generation.html#more-2851
What lead generation tips have proved useful for you?
Alan Graner is Chief Creative Officer at Daly-Swartz Public Relations, an Orange County, CA marketing communications firm. For a public relations campaign that makes you stick out from the crowd, email Jeffrey Swartz at email@example.com. Or visit www.dsprel.com.